Deciding to go to graduate school in personality or social psychology can be a great decision. It can also be confusing and overwhelming. The SPSP Student Committee has put together resources to help you decide whether going to grad school in social or personality psychology is right for you, if you’re ready, what you can do to prepare, and what to expect regarding the process.
2021 Free-Form Friday Series: The Roadmap to Graduate School
- An overview of master’s, PhD, and PsyD graduate programs in psychology;
- Information on how to apply to these programs;
- Explanation of the Graduate Record Examinations (GRE);
- Tips on preparing for applications.
Handbook to Applying to Graduate School in Social and Personality Psychology
- Preparation before your application year
- Whether a master’s or PhD program might be right for you
- Advice on personal statements, recommendation letters, and interviews
- Checklists and timelines
- Plus much more!
Deciding to Apply to Graduate School: Use our Decision Tree (Download PDF)
Preparing for Graduate School: A Visual Graphic of What Matters Most (Download PDF)
Application Tracker: A template for keeping track of your applications (Download Excel file)
Special thanks to Fernanda Andrade, Katie Austin, Jenny Barton, and Hannah Moshontz for spearheading this project with important contributions from Angela Robinson and Mona El-Hout.