Do you have current research related to teaching from a social or personality psychology perspective? Each year, SPSP sends a member to present and attend the annual NITOP (National Institute on the Teaching of Psychology) conference. The next conference will be held January 3-6, 2021 at the TradeWinds Island Resort in St. Pete Beach, Florida. Presentations are one-hour long (given twice) and can address a specific content area and/or teaching strategy. NITOP 2020’s Concurrent Sessions can be seen here. We encourage applications from a wide range of teachers, including those from two-year colleges, undergraduate institutions, and non-traditional settings.
- Ph.D. in social or personality psychology or a closely related field
- Agree to attend and speak at the 2021 NITOP meeting if selected.
- Current SPSP member
To apply, please submit your proposal by May 8, 2020
- A short statement of interest, including if you’ve attended NITOP in the past
- A description of your proposed talk (max. 500 words)
- Evidence of your teaching approach and effectiveness (e.g., teaching statement, summary of past teaching evaluations, list of teaching awards)
- Your CV
- Attend NITOP and present your research/session at NITOP to a wide range of psychology educators
- Conference registration, 4 nights hotel, airfare to conference
Questions? Email Jan Kang (firstname.lastname@example.org), SPSP Resource Manager